Monday, September 7, 2009

New at this...

So someone asked me the other day why I don't have a blog. And I didn't have a response. I have always thought of blogs as "Me Fests." Ya know, where someone gets out here in the land of techno-friends and goes on and on and on and on about themselves and their lives and themselves and that sounds like absolute... yuck to me. Why would someone want to know what I am thinking on any given day and actually care to read a blog about it. Then I realized... ya know... I can make it whatever I want it to be. So here I am. My blog. Welcome, my friends, to Planet Dana.

On my mind at the moment is a "new" dish that is cooking in my oven right now. Julia Child's Boeuf Bourguignon, only with chicken. Because I am not eating much beef right now. In two hours, I'll know how it turned out.

Mostly what I want to do with this is help people see that even when life throws lemons your way, you can make some really sweet stuff--Lemon Icebox Pie, for instance.

1 comment:

  1. The dinner was... oh, my, goodness... yummy. It was a MUCH lighter version. And actually I just used Julia's recipe as a jumping point and went with it. Mine had no bacon or mushroom in it, and like I said, it was chicken, not beef. It was so good, we were sopping up the gravy with our 9-grain whole-wheat bread! Jacob ate every bite on his plate. I may have to actually write down what I did...

    ReplyDelete